Crudwell Pre-School provides care for children and promotes health through promoting oral health and hygiene, encouraging healthy eating, healthy snacks and tooth brushing.
- Fresh drinking water is available at all times and easily accessible.
- Sugary drinks are not served.
- Only water and milk are served with morning snacks.
- Parents are told that only fruit or a healthy cereal bar is provided for snack time
- Parents are discouraged from sending in confectionary as a snack or treat.
- Staff follow the Infant & Toddler Forum’s Ten Steps for Healthy Toddlers.
- The name of the child’s dentist is required as part of the registration form.
- Interactive boards promoting oral health is available for children at all times
- Parents are advised to stop using dummies/pacifiers
- Dummies that are damaged are disposed of and parents are told that this has happened
Infant & Toddler Forum: Ten Steps for Healthy Toddlers www.infantandtoddlerforum.org/toddlers-to-preschool/healthy-eating/ten-steps-for-healthy-toddlers/